GeoView Lite is a geospatial image viewing application designed for outdoor professionals and enthusiasts. Use it to create a layered display of Apple maps, raster graphics, vector graphics and your current GPS position. You choose the files, we sort out the details. Everything has logical default settings to get your data displayed as quickly as possible. You may, of course, choose to customize the workspace to suit your own taste, but in most cases you won’t have to. When you have things the way you like them, you can save the workspace for quick loading in the future. If you want more features like those found in GeoView Pro, you can extend the app functionality and file support through in-app purchases.
For our professional application called GeoView Pro click here
- overlay Apple Map, ArcGIS Map, GPX, KMZ files & your GPS position
- overlay geocache locations based on your display view
- geo-referencing using embedded data, World Files, or manual entry
- projection of vector data and GPS to the base map SRS
- add & edit placemarks, GPS tracks and routes with user-selectable symbols, names & descriptions; save them as KML markup
- attach multiple media files (photos, video clips, audio clips) to placemarks
- post your placemarks routes, & GPS track on popular social media
- estimate route completion times using custom speeds
- create your own collection of URL based symbols for use with markup
- simple to use - automatic layer sorting, logical default display parameters, dynamic scale-bar
- file management and distribution using Dropbox, iCloud, AirDrop and HTML
- “the simplest way to communicate location” using what3words
- extend functionality and file support to the level of GeoView Pro with in-app purchases
Requirements: Compatible with iPad, iPad mini & iPhone running IOS 8.0 or later. An active Internet connection is required to use Apple maps, ArcGIS maps, real-time elevation data, geocaching databases & what3words. An iPad with "Wifi + Cellular" is required for GPS functionality. Some functionality may require in-app purchases.
We are continually adding new features and file formats! Watch for update announcements on Twitter.